Saturday, July 31, 2010

"to everything there is a season..."

We went camping this weekend! I don't remember the last time we went tent-camping all together as a family, so it was quite fun, even if it was a little... rough. We headed over to Clinton Lake after Dad got home from work on Thursday night and we stayed two nights. We had a great campsite with a little path right down to the lake! We also took Grandpa's boat with us and spent most of Friday and Saturday on the water. The fishing isn't that great right now because the water is extremely warm but Seth managed to pull in a bass and I, after much complaining that my line wouldn't catch anything but the bottom of the lake, caught a rather large catfish. So we spent most of our time attempting to ski. The key word here, is attempting. The thing about this boat is that it only has a 40 horsepower motor on it. Dad says that generally, ski boats have 200 horsepower motors. But we were very determined, and we all made it up on skis behind that boat - even Addie! Never mind the fact that my muscles were so sore the next day that I could hardly do much more than sit and hold a fishing pole. It was just great to go camping and spend time together before school starts again.

And today Mom found the cutest little writing desk on Craigslist - for $20! I really hope no one else wants it, because I definitely do. :)

I have quite a few things to get done today, because tomorrow I'm leaving for a trip to California with some girls! I'm really excited about traveling again and getting to know them better. We'll be gone for a week. And pretty soon, I go back to school. Summer is coming to an end far too quickly!

Ecclesiates 3:1 - 11
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace. What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth? I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it. He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I learned behind a 40 hp fishing boat. . .it's the best way. Anything more seems easy after that! Hope CA is sunny, don't forget to give greetings to all the people I named last time we talked about your trip!

-brent (& janelle)