Thursday, July 1, 2010

"it was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."

So in hindsight, today wasn't really that bad, but it did make me think of this quote. For the first time since I've been here, it rained during the day, which makes the steep streets really slick and muddy. I unfortunately decided to wear white mesh tennis shoes, which no longer have much white left on them, and I was almost late to school because I think rainy days just make me move slower in general. Then Dr. Alstrum didn't have our tests graded in class, and when I went to the grocery store after school they only had skim milk and the cookies I bought do not actually look like the front of the package. :(

Tomorrow is a new day, though, and we're heading out for the weekend at 7 a.m.! This time it's a group trip to Puebla (apparently somewhere within a 4-hour radius) for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, where we will be touring a bunch of places. I've heard it's a beautiful city from many people.

I think I'm starting to be able to find my way around here. I actually took different routes to places yesterday and came out ok! (plus someone gave me a giant map, with pictures! why didn't they tell me they had those before?!) Anyway, such is life. Learning is good - and even learning the hard way is good, sometimes. :)

No comments: