Sunday, July 18, 2010

micah 6:8

"He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good: and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God."

At about 8 a.m. this morning, my phone rang, waking me out of a dead sleep and a really good dream. I rolled over and glared at it, admittedly thinking "did I set my ringtone as my alarm?" and then, "all right, who's getting engaged now?" All numbers come up as 'unavailable' here so I didn't know it was actually Leah until I answered. And she had really exciting news - she decided to give her heart to Jesus! Leah, I pray and know that God will bless your walk with Him - a journey that is not always easy but worth every moment. I love you very much! God is so good.

Ya no hay otro poder, nadie puede salvarnos
Solo Cristo, por su sangre, nos libra del mal!
En su cuerpo llevó todos nuestros pecados
Salvación nos ofrece, corona y mansion!
Aleluya, aleluya, alabanzas cantad
Aleluya, exaltad al Cordero de Dios!

(Aleluya a Nuestro Dios!, La Mañana Gloriosa)

6 comments:

Alan & Sarah said...

Can you believe your blog is how we found out this news....at 11:00 p.m. Sun eve??? Oh well, we're quite thankful anyway.

Did you hear there was an announcement in Wolcott? I'm assuming she was in contact with you?

Love ya...miss ya...oh, birthdays are Aug 28 at the Getz pond....I hope you can come.

Sarah

Hannah said...

Sarah,
I hoped that wouldn't happen - I checked with Leah to make sure people knew first! But indeed, I'm very thankful.

I did hear about the announcement - AFTER IT HAPPENED!!! I talked to Michelle tonight though, excited for her too.

and I put August 28 on my calendar - I will start looking forward to it right now! looking forward to seeing you all. I love you and miss you too!
love,
Hannah

Jenny said...

aw, yay! :)

Sooo... I never comment, but I read your blog faithfully. You should keep blogging when you get home. :D

Hannah said...

haha Jenny - glad to finally know who at least one of my mysterious blog readers are... it's a little wierd knowing there's a lot out there who never comment... ;)

anyway, yay indeed!

and I'll think about keeping on blogging when I get home. It's pretty fun. You should know, that your blog was at least some of my inspiration. :)

Sandra said...

AWESOME NEWS!! I am so happy and excited for Leah!!
FYI...I read your blog too:) and rarely if ever comment.

Hannah said...

sandra, good to hear from you! thanks for letting me know... and thanks for being excited for leah! :) you can pray for her in the next few months. much love!