Friday, June 18, 2010

"this is my commandment: that ye love one another, that your joy may be full!"

It's Friday! I only have one class on Fridays (the other one doesn't meet) so that was a nice change of pace.

After my language class this morning, I went with Emily to the Super Che - and told her to remind me next time to go by myself. :) No, actually, it was quite a fun adventure - she dropped all her bananas, apples, and tomatoes on the street right as we were getting on the combi, and then later asked me why on earth I didn't get a picture of that? Never mind the fact that I was chasing after her rolling apple. Anyway, there was lots of laughter and a significant amount of discussion about, "how are we going to get back off the combi if we had that much trouble getting on?" You can think of us the next time you go to the grocery store and pull your car right up next to the door, and then right into your driveway. :)

Anyway, tonight some girls in our group are doing a Bible study and then tomorrow morning at 7 a.m. we're off to Mexico City for the weekend! I would definitely appreciate your prayers for a safe trip and that I can show love even when I run out of patience. I've been reading through the book of I Corinthians, and last night I was at Chapter 13, and verses 4- 7 really stood out to me: "Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things."

"A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." (St. John 13:34) We are called to love others as Jesus loved us, and it is a very high calling. Please pray that I will have the grace to do so! God is good.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hey Hannah!
Leah just gave me your blog address today in church, and I'm soo glad to hear how your doing!
I'm definitely praying for you! Keep shining for HIM! :)
Love ya!

Hannah said...

Hi Julie!
And thanks - I heard they went to Chicago today. :) Thanks so much for the prayers!
Much love,
Hannah