Saturday, June 12, 2010

¿Qué hombre es éste, que aun los vientos y el mar le obedecen? (San Mateo 8:27)

"But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the seas obey him?" (Matthew 8:27)

It is a rainy night again in Taxco. But what a blessing to know that God is in control of every drop that falls and every strike of lightning. He is truly all-powerful, and continues to be faithful in my times of need. Earlier today I was struggling with a situation, wondering about God's will in it, and opened up my Bible to Jesus' words in St. Luke - "Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows." (St. Luke 12:6-7) God knows each one of us better than we know ourselves. I am so thankful.

Psalm 135:7
He causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings for the rain; he bringeth the wind out of his treasuries.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hannah,

I kept that very verse right above my desk all the way through college. Actually now that I think about it, it was the verse in Matthew that is almost identical.

He knows.

-brent & janelle

Hannah said...

You already know this, but I'm really glad we're friends. I cried when that's what my Bible opened up to... God is so faithful. thanks for so many prayers. I miss you guys.